Denver, Colorado

I called ARS Rescu Rooter in Denver, Colorado for service of my furnace. From the start: I asked the operator how much was a service call?

She placed me on hold, came back to the line, and informed me that the manager was extending their special of $79.99 to me. I agreed and the tech came out looked at the furnace, stated that it was old, rubbed some soot off the furnace and told me that I needed a new one and that they had financing available -all within 2 minutes!. I then told him to put the furnace together and leave immediately!

(I've heard that exact line before from the $79.99 Just Brakes people). It was a total scam from the first phone callto the tech service!

Comments

I used ARS Rescue Rooter in 2005 and 2008 to clean roots out of main sewer line. It was about $300 both times and good results.

Called to schedule and got estimate of 300 to 350 range for this year. On 3/25/11, tech arrived, insisted on trying to sell a "home service plan" despite our "not interested". Then said the same sewer line cleaning would be $295 + $322 to pull and reset toilet. That is twice the charge I was quoted.

I called other local services and they all said that was ridiculous and quoted the $300 to $350 price. I don't know if this was a dishonest tech or the company but I don't expect I will use ARS Rescue Rooter again.From the other comments here it looks like there is an integrity problem at this company somewhere.